Monday 6 January 2014

The island of misfit toys

This isn't going to be a long post or an exciting one really. I just wated to share something one of my co workers said that I found intresting. We where talking about the people in the program and he said "I feel like the crp program is like the island of misfit toys. We are all running from something back home. We might not know what it is but..." Then I finished what he said by saying "but there is always something." This is so true. When I first signed up it the program if someone had told me that's what I was doing I wouldn't of believed them. As it got closer to the program this became more clear to me. At the beginning I chose to do this program because I wanted to the icp had my heart set on it and when I found out I couldn't do it decided to go for the crp. I thought now was a good time as I didn't have a real job. I'm not married or in school. I had no commitments holding me back and I really wanted to do it. As it got closer to it though, thinking about what I would do when I get home was and still is impossible. I view this year as a beginning of a new chapter. This year is the start of something new for me. I remeber being in Toronto before coming here thinking that I was so excited to just leave every thing behind. Not meaning the people in my life. Every thing else though. I will find out who really matters and cares about me friend wise. My life has been amazing compared to other people. I am not at all saying my life sucked before Disney. Like any teenager it had its challenges. Not really finding myself or confidence until grade 12 and then spending a year doing nothing totally sucked. Disney is a fresh start for me, no one knew me coming in so I could be who ever I wanted. Not that I am acting different then who I really am, I'm just acting like who I truly am. My anxiety surprisingly since being down here has gone down so much. Yeah it will always be there but it's not holding me back as much. From day one I was outgoing with my roommates. Well so I thought. Apparently it took some time warming up to them. I tried though and didn't care because that's why I am here.  I said so many times that if people from back home saw how I was acting when I first got here. They would think I was totally different.


Have a magical day! 

Sam 


No comments:

Post a Comment