Thursday 9 January 2014

Goodbye holidays

So now that the holidays are over it is now dead season in the parks. This is good when you want to go to the parks as a guest… not so much at work. Yes, it's nice to not having to deal with all the crazy people, it just makes the days  go by slower. The days in general depend mostly on who is working, working with someone you like days are okay. Working with people you are not that close with are not that fun. No matter what the days have been going slow, we just have to get use to the low amount of people in the parks again. When I first started after food and wine, we had a small dead time but it was still quite busy. I am finally feeling better with people at work. I am becoming closer to almost everyone at work and the people I was closest too I am learning more about. Work was a normal four days. EMH was the same, the device thing didn't work like usual and surprisingly we had more people I thought we would. I am so thankful that the hours are back to normal. I was done at 11:15 instead of 11:45 like during holidays. My friday which was really a tuesday I was done at 9 for the second time ever I was not closing! It was super exciting because there was not a large crowd for the bus like there normally is. In reality it's only 15 minuets earlier but it makes a difference at least in my mind. Other then that exciting day work was normal as usual. I understand now why people normally don't wright about work on their blogs…. because nothing really happens. Anyway hopefully next week will go better then this week did! I have noticed a shift since Robyn leaving, not in a bad or a good way just different.  Robyn was the highest in seniority obviously, and she was kind of the head of the attraction. Now that she is gone everyones position in the attraction shifted. There is a new head of the attraction who will remain nameless and I can tell things will be different. I am glad though that I have gotten to know the new "leader". I might also feel like the attraction has changed because on Robyns last wishes/MK night I bonded with some of the other attractions cast members. So I am friends with more of them then I was before. I am optimistic about the way things are going and I will hope for the best for the rest of my year here.



Have a magical day!

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment