Monday 7 January 2013

A little bit about myself

Hello there!

Welcome to my fist of many blogs! I am currently in the process of applying for the Disney international program. I have applied for the cultural representative program. I am 18 years old from a city outside of Toronto, Ontario. If I get this wonderful opportunity I will be spending 12 months in the most magical place in the world, Walt Disney World! I hopefully will be working in Epcot's world showcase in the Canadian pavilion. So yes, basically I will be in the USA working as a Canadian. Most of you might already know this but in the world showcase every country that is represented is fully staffed only by the people who actually live and are from there. They educate the public on their country and how they live, as well as continue to give the amazing experience the Disney resorts are known for.

I found out about this program in October of 2011 when researching schools. One of the colleges I was looking at has a program where they students can spend a semester working and going to school at Walt Disney World. That is where my research began, I came across the disneyinternationalprograms.com website where I looked at the different programs offered. I first was interested in what at the time was called the summer exchange program which now they call it the J-1 cultural exchange program. When I realized that you had to be in university to participate I decided to look at other options as I was determined to find some way to get to work for Disney. I had read about the CRP but I never gave it much thought. It is a one year program and I thought that was too much time for me to be away from home in a different country for the first time. I thought about it more as it was my only option and I decided now was a good time to apply. I am currently taking a gap year after high school and if I get into this program will take another year off. At first I was planing to make this blog when and if I got accepted into this program but I decided to no longer wait until I find out. I am making this in January but I started my application in November.

Thats all for now,

Have a magical day!

Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment